It’s the festive season PLUS the weekend! Hurray! Time for some great getaways to Heaven.
This cake is an instant mood lifter. It is a fun snack and definitely healthy. Plus it has chocolate!!!
So here it is, your butter free, protein rich, whole wheat, dark chocolate chip cake!
For this cake you need very simple ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Vanilla extract/pod/essence – 1/2 teaspoon
- 3/4th of a cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoon drinking chocolate (any sweetened one will do)
- 1/4 th of a teaspoon Salt
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Oil – 2 tablespoon (Optional)
- Chocolate chips – Dark/Milk
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 180*C for 10-15 minutes. Butter a baking dish of your choice.(This is the only place where butter is used in this recipe)
Step 2: Break 3 whole eggs in a bowl and whisk (releases stress:), add the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Note – I like working with pure vanilla extracts or pods instead of vanilla essence. The results are so much better, plus no chemicals
Step 3: In another bowl, take flour, add salt, baking powder, baking soda, and drinking chocolate powder. Mix well, till every thing is evenly combined. Add the chocolate chips as per your requirement.
Step 4: Add the egg mixture part by part to the flour mixture. stir well to combine evenly. Make sure there are no lumps. Add the oil and stir again.
- Note – I forgot to add the oil last time i baked…and it turned out all right! so this recipe can be oil free too 😛
- Note – The oven temperature will vary depending on the type and size of your oven.
- Let the cake rest for 5-7 minutes before you try and take it out, as chocolate chips tend to stick to the dish.
Have it as a tea-time snack , sneak a bite for the mid-morning hunger pangs, serve with a plain glass of cold milk or pack it in your child’s dabba for fuss-free AND guilt-free school snacks!
Happy baking and eating!
About the Author: