ZuChilla: Chilla with a twist
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 table spoons of oat flour
- 1 table spoon sattumavu flour
- 1 table spoon chickpea flour
- 1/2 carrot (grated)
- 1 medium size zucchini (grated)
- 1 clove garlic ( finely chopped)
- Ginger ( finely chopped)
- Handful of Corriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh yogurt
- Jeera powder
- Dhaniya powder
- Salt to taste
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
1. To the grated zucchini, add a pinch of salt, mix and set aside for 10 minn. After 10 minn, squeeze out all the water.
2. In a bowl add in the oat flour, sattumavu flour, chickpea flour along with the grated carrot, zucchini, ginger, garlic and chopped coriander leaves.
3. To the above mixture add jeera powder, dhaniya powder, ajwain and salt to taste.
4. Add yogurt and water. Mix well using a spoon. The batter should have a medium thickness consistency, so add water accordingly.
5. Cook it on a non stick pan with ghee.
6. Serve warm with a side of mint chutney/ coriander chutney/ cheese spread.
It works as a great option for breakfast or a snack and is very quick and easy to put together. It is full of fiber and a great way to introduce different vegetables. You can vary the vegetables as per you choice.
The Chilla can be cut into strips to encourage self feeding.
- Yogurt/ curd can be used for babies from 6 months onwards.
- Sattumavu flour can be replaced with ragi /rice/rawa or whole wheat flour
- Salt to be used for babies above 1 year.
Get notified with every new post!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.