The monsoons are here. Our ancient wisdom in science says that when the season changes, our body craves easily digestible food, that acts a powerhouse of nutrients- both macro and micro nutrients, while satiating our taste buds. Check out our #Kiddilicious recipe for kids this week to keep those hunger pangs satiated with this monsoon recipe for kids.
The recipe for Dal crumble is easy-to -make, and a special monsoon recipe for kids to keep them satisfied, strong, healthy and nourished with the goodness of jaggery, ghee, coconut and dry fruits.
WHAT YOU NEED
– 1 cup yellow moong dal
– 1/2 cup ghee
– 2 tablespoons cashews
– 2 tablespoons badam
– 2 tablespoons pista
– 1 tablespoon raisins
– 1 tablespoon dates
– 1 cups powdered jaggery
– 1 cup grated coconut
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Roast the yellow moong dal.
2. Coarsely powder the roasted moong dal.
3. Add boiling water to the coarsely powdered moong dal to just soak it, and keep it covered.
4. Steam this dal mixture.
5. Heat ghee in another bowl.
6. Add cashews, badam(almonds) and pista and roast till golden brown.
7. Add raisins and dates to ghee and let it roast and fluff up.
8. Crumble the steamed dal mixture.
9. Mix it with the ghee and dry fruit mixture above.
Serve with love. Enjoy ❤️
This recipe has been contributed by our #Kiddilicious expert of the week: Jayalakshmi Sakthivelan. Follow her on @jayamascookbook for more such del recipes.