Welcome to Kiddilicious: Our brand new series featuring quick, nourishing, and delicious recipes for kids( including fussy eaters). This series is brought to you with a dollop of love from your mom next door, and curated with toppings of care by our team at Kidskintha!
As always, we are all ears for what you have to say!
VEGGIE POWER PARATHA
WHAT YOU NEED
– 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
– 1 tablespoon ragi flour (if you can get your hands on sprouted ragi flour, even better)
– 1/2 carrot (grated) – 1/4th boiled beetroot (grated)
– 1/4 small bowl pumpkin (grated)
– 3-4 Spinach leaves (finely chopped)
– 50 grams Paneer
– 1 teaspoon mixed dry fruit powder
– Ajwain – White sesame seeds
– Salt to taste
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
1. In a bowl add in the whole wheat flour, ragi flour along with all the grated vegetables and chopped spinach. Mix with a spoon.
2. To the above mixture add the dry fruit powder, sesame seeds, ajwain, salt to taste.
3. Crumble the paneer and add it to the mixture. Add a teaspoon of ghee and knead the dough using the paneer and ghee itself. Add water only if needed.
4. Set aside the dough for 10-15 minutes and roll it into parathas and cook it on the pan with ghee.
5. Serve warm with a side of curd/dal/cheese spread.
It works as a great option for breakfast and can be a meal in itself when served with a portion of vegetables or dal.
To encourage self-feeding cut the paratha into strips. Because it looks so colorful, toddlers especially enjoy it!
- Use Paneer for babies 6 months onwards.
- If you do not have paneer, you can knead the dough in some fresh curd (can be used for babies 6 months+) or a little milk (can be used for cooking in small quantities for babies 10 months+).
- Ragi flour can be replaced with bajra/ jowari/ oat/ amarnath or whole wheat flour can be used as it is too.
- Salt to be used for babies above 1 year.
We will be sharing many more innovative recipes for kids.
Enjoy your mealtime ❤️
Also Read: Millets Are The Superfoods Our Kids Are Missing: Slurrp Farm Founder-Duo Meghana Narayan and Shauravi Malik
Get notified with every new post!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.