Priyanjali Joardar showed us an amazing way on how to make gluten free cookies recipe. By the end of this content, you will learn the best possible way to bake sorghum flour recipes Indian style!
Sorghum or jowar flour is a lovely millet based flour which has several health benefits. It works very well in biscuits and cookies. If your children do not consume it through chapattis, this is an excellent way to include it in their regular diet. Banana flour is also a high source of nutrition and fibre. Both are readily available – so go ahead and try out this easy and quick recipe, to create a yum snack for children, and adults alike.
How to make gluten free cookies recipe
- Sorghum flour 1/4 cup
- Raw Banana Flour1/4 cup
- Almond meal 1/4 cup
- Desiccated coconut 1/4 cup
- Butter 1/4 cup
- organic raw sugar 1/4 cup
- Cardamom 3-4 pods
- Milk 2-3 teaspoon to make a soft dough.
- Grind the sugar with seeds of cardamom pods.
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Now, Add desiccated coconut, mix well.
- Add the flours, mix well with the butter and sugar. Add milk as required to form a soft dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for half an hour.
- Shape the cookies by flattening between your palm. Place them on a baking dish. Leave gap between the cookies as they tend to spread.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 12-15 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- They will be soft, do not over bake them. On cooling they will harden.
- Keep them on the tray for 10-15 minutes then shift to wire rack for complete cooling.
- Store in airtight container, stays good for a week.
I’m a full time stay at home mum to a naughty 20month old toddler who keeps me busy all day long. I’m a total foodie and I love to cook and bake healthy, tasty dishes for my family. Recently I have started blogging to record all my culinary experiments. Check my Oh So Delish Blog.
Was this article helpful for you to learn how to make gluten free cookies recipe? If not then shoot your doubts down below in our comments! Or else, start baking your first cookie – One of the best sorghum flour recipes Indian style! If you are confused about what to make for your breakfast, check our recently published article on how to make Millet Coconut Milk Porridge.
Get notified with every new post!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.