The electric violin is a capable instrument that appeals to all musical tastes. There are beginner electric violins if you’re interested in learning the electric violin. Electric violins are also available at the intermediate and professional levels. Let’s discuss how, based on your degree of expertise, you may unleash this instrument’s creative potential in this post.
The Advantages of Electric Violins for Musicians
Musicians can benefit from a variety of benefits from electric violins. Here are a few examples.
- You can use the electric violin in different musical settings like quiet practice sessions or big loud performances.
- Electric violins let you customize your music by using built-in controls or external effects.
- You can perform with less feedback.
- It’s easy to record with the electric violin since you can connect it quickly to recording equipment.
- It has a modern and eye-catching design, which can add to your stage presence.
Levels of Electric Violin
Electric Violins for Beginners
This is perfect for those who are just starting out and want to learn to play the electric violin. Beginner electric violins are easy to play and affordable.
Intermediate Level Electric Violins
Intermediate-level electric violins are the upgraded version of the beginner violins. It is upgraded in terms of sound quality and has improved playability. If you have the skills already and want a better instrument, opt for this one.
Professional-Grade Electric Violins
If you’re a serious musician and confident in your playing skills, a professional-grade electric violin is right for you. It has excellent sound and playability and is mostly used in professional events like studio recordings and concerts.
High-End Models for Serious Performers and Recording Artists
Leveling up a bit more, there are high-end models. This is perfect for serious performers and recording artists – those whose career is playing the violin. You can enjoy top-of-the-line violins with exceptional craftsmanship, sound, and overall quality.
Advanced Features and Customization Options
Lastly, there are the models with advanced features and customization options. This is regardless of the level you want to have. You can get the best electric violin for beginners with advanced features. However, you might need to consider if it’ll suit your skill first before deciding on this type of violin.
Key Features to Consider When Choosing an Electric Violin
Choosing an electric violin isn’t easy, especially if it’s your first time. To help you with this, here are some of the key features you need to consider when purchasing your instrument.
- Sound quality. Opt for an electric violin with a clear and natural sound.
- Playability. Look for a violin that’s comfortable for you to play and that lets you play different techniques with ease.
- Build quality. Always inspect the materials used and the overall construction of the violin. You want a well-crafted violin that’s durable and can produce excellent sounds.
- Pickup system. Check the pickup system of the violin and align it to your preferences. You can get either piezo pickups, magnetic pickups, or a combination of both.
Aside from that, some features you might want to consider are tune control, battery life, weight, accessories, and amplification options.
Electric violins are versatile and the great thing about it is their availability and accessibility to different levels of musicians. There are beginner, intermediate, professional-grade, high-end, and advanced violins that can help you unleash your creative side. Picking your instrument can be exciting but make sure to research or ask for professional suggestions before deciding which one to pick.
Also Read: Kindred: Interview with musician Renee Stahl