Welcome to Kiddilicious: Kidskintha’s series featuring quick, nourishing, delicious, and easy recipes for kids (including fussy eaters). This series is brought to you with a dollop of love from your mom next door and curated with toppings of care by our team at Kidskintha!
This week on Kiddilicious – ABC PANCAKE!!
ABC Pancakes are absolutely delicious and make a great breakfast, meal, or snack for your little munchkin. It is a combination of grains, seeds, fruits, and vegetables, making it a wholesome meal. The sweetness of the banana and the tartness of the apple works wonderfully, so you don’t need an added sweetener!
Our little chef here is smiling from ear to ear. So go ahead and try this super easy recipe for kids!
WHAT YOU NEED
– 3 spoons of whole wheat flour
– 1 spoon ragi flour ( if you can get sprouted, even better)
– 1/2 an apple (grated)
– 1 banana ( hand mashed)
– 1/2 a carrot (grated)
– 1 spoon ground flax seeds
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
– Milk/ water as needed
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
1.In a bowl, add the whole wheat flour followed by the ragi flour, grated apple, hand mashed banana, grated carrot, ground flax seeds, and cinnamon powder.
2. Give this a good mix with a spoon. Add milk/ water as needed to get a medium thickness consistency of the batter.
3. Cook on a non-stick pan using ghee or butter till they are golden brown on both sides.
4. Serve warm as it is or with a side of honey or homemade jam.
* Seeds are known allergens. Therefore, please introduce each seed individually and preferably in the first half of the day.
* You can replace ragi flour with Sattumavu/ Amarnath flour.
* Introduce honey only when the child turns one year old.
Indulge in this easy recipe for kids and enjoy your mealtime!
Photo by RODNAE Productions from Pexels