Pulses are rich in micronutrients and B vitamins which play a vital role in proper health and nutrition. Beets are packed with vitamins and minerals making this hummus a nutritionally dense food. This is a super simple and quick recipe and the colour because if the beets is gorgeous!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 medium size beetroot ( boiled and diced into chunks)
- 1/2 a bowl fresh yogurt
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder
- Water as needed
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
1.In a blender, add all the ingredients and give it a good shake.
2. Blend it till you get a thick paste type of consistency.
3. You can use the water from the boiled chickpeas itself to make it even healthier.
4. Serve with a side of vegetable sticks/ pita bread.
It works as a great snack and can easily be paired with a side of vegetable( cucumber/ carrot/ celery/ broccoli) sticks/ pita bread or works wonderfully as a sandwich/ wrap filling.
- Can add chili flakes for older kids.
- Salt to be used after 1 year.
- Beetroot can be replaced with blanched spinach for Spinach hummus or basil leaves for Pesto hummus or roasted red bell peppers too. All three variations taste great!